Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Has anybody restrung??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Has anyboy restrung their dolls? I brought a Molly on ebay that badly needed restoring. I replaced her wig, repainted her face, and removed the stains. But her legs are really really lose. How hard is it to restring it yourself?? Does anybody have any advice? Thank you!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is actually very easy to do. Here are the directions:

    <a href="http://www.justmagicdolls.com/articles/restringing/restringing.htm" target="_blank">Restringing Your American Girl ~ An Illustrated Guide
    </a>

    Taffy

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 05, 2005 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Taffy Cheerful ]</font>

  3. #3
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    The re-stringing is really quite easy. Directions look daunting at first when you read them but taffy did a great job.

    I have always chosen to replace all the pieces to a limb instead of just tightening the strings. Much less complex if you ask me. Besides when I have gotten in there I notice most need a good resting rather then just being tightened.

    Good luck. You can do it too!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, I think I will try it, but I'm still really nervous! Gracie (used to be Molly) had no color at all to her face except her eyebrows. The only things i painted were her lips and her teeth. I'm not going to dabble with anything else. She looks great. Her new wig looks just like Nellie's (from what I can see, I don't have Nellie). She really looks beautiful now. I wish I had a digital camera to take pictures. I'm going to see if I can borrow my brother's. Anyways, thanks for your encouragement on the restringing!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Candie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2004
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW...how did you repaint the face? That's amazing...I haven't been brave enough (or need to yet) on restringing. Let us know how it goes!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •